Four Week Seminar
To contact us about customizing this course, click here.
Cost is typically $7750 per person for early enrollment (more than one month prior to first day of class); $8000 for enrollment within one month of the course.
This training fee includes: Four weeks of in-class training, Four weeks of training manuals and material, telephone and email support between each week of training and after training until the project is completed.
Transportation and hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the participant.
Data analysis software (Minitab) will be used during the training. It is the participants responsibility to bring a laptop with Minitab.
Week One (Define & Measure)
- Understand how to assess the Voice of the Customer and identify key performance measures
- Utilize mapping strategies to assess the current state of the process
- Evaluate the quality of the measurement system
- Develop project management strategy and improve critical thinking and questioning skills
Mapping strategies (process, product, value stream,& thought process maps), review of basic statistical concepts, VOC & QFD, Z-scores, process capability, process interrogation using control charts, measurement systems evaluations, project reviews
Week Two (Analyze)
- Review concepts from week one
- Understanding the causal relationship between process/product inputs and performance measures
- Review participant’s project status and provide guidance on next steps
Hypothesis Testing, Overview of common experimentation strategies, DOE fundamentals (factor selection, level setting, inference space & sample size determination), full factorial designs, fractional factorial designs, class project and several DOE application exercises, project reviews
Week Three (Analyze – Continued)
- Learn the advanced analysis tools used to optimize product and process performance in a “noisy” environment
- Integrating the tools from week one through week 3 into an overall improvement strategy
Nested hierarchical studies, factor relationship diagrams, variation and experimentation, advanced experimentation strategies, project reviews
Week Four (Improve & Control)
- Review improvement methods for special situations
- Assimilate skills through the analysis of case studies and group projects
- Develop control strategies to maintain
Regression analysis, blocking, repeats, residual analysis, response surface methodologies, equivalency testing and robust design